Friday, April 18, 2008

The Local Roundup

On possibly focusing on the wrong issue:
I'm only now gathering information on the city happenings, but just on the face of this I'm inclined to side with the property owners. "Restoring" downtown sounds fine and dandy unless it comes at the cost of downtown itself. I don't know why they're looking at image when it seems that they should trying to encourage growth. But as I said, I'm not very much into local issues...yet.

I sympathize with these people.
Enough said.

On running AGAIN:
Well...it's more or less an open secret that the Governor of Texas isn't exactly the most powerful guy on the block. Governor Perry has been ok for Texas, although that mess last year didn't really help him. One obvious benefit of his running for a third term is that it would keep good 'ol Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson from running. What I mean by that is that I think she should stay as an influential senior Senator in Washington instead of coming down here and being...well...a Governor. She'd be fine either way, but I'd rather have her representing Texas at the Capitol.

On people you didn't even know were in the Valley:
Huh, learn something new every day.

On newspapers and people with too much time on their hands:
I LIKE that post office. They're good workers. Sheesh, nitpickers...although maybe they should have seen if this guy would have taken it away for them. Not exactly a good day for the U.S. Postal Service.

Finally, on not just going away already:
The VMS Editorial does a fine job (note the Obama reference).

That concludes the Roundup for today.

No comments: